Many people in Alberta have water softeners installed in their homes. If you're thinking about getting one yourself, you may already have some reasons in mind for doing so. Here's our list.
Problems that a water softener can solve
- White, chalky hard water deposits or clogs in faucets, shower heads, or other plumbing fixtures and pipes
- Scum rings in bathtubs
- Water spots on dishes
- Dry, itchy skin
- Stiff, dull or rough fabrics caused by hard water bonding with detergent and leaving deposits in clothing
Benefits of using a water softener
- Makes your appliances that use water work better - washer, hot water heater, dishwasher, etc.
- Allows detergents to work better and get your clothes cleaner
- Soaps work better
- Save money - water softeners today use less water and salt, and can increase the efficiency of tankless hot water heaters
Need more advice on water softeners? Get in touch with us. We're your Access.