Sewer line repair is best left to the professionals, but there are some things that are useful for homeowners to know about them.
Here are a list of signs of sewer line problems, and some tips on how to keep your line clear.
Signs and symptoms of sewer line problems
- A bad odour in your basement. The smell of sewage or other waste may be a sign that sewage is not getting to the city's sewer line.
- Bubbling sounds in your sink or toilet. This sound may mean air is unable to escape your sewer line.
- Sewage backup. The most obvious and least pleasant sign.
Tips for keeping sewer lines clear
Simply put, watch what you put in your sewer.
- Don't pour cooking grease down the drain. It can solidify, build up and clog or block the pipes.
- Don't flush anything that's not flushable. Paper towels, diapers, and even some â€œflushableâ€ wipes can cause blockages.
Need more advice on sewer lines? Get in touch with us. We're your Access.