If you're planning on doing your kitchen renovations yourself, good for you! Here are five quick tips for the plumbing part of your project.
- Keep the plumbing in the same location as before the renovation. This will save you money.
- Keep the dishwasher beside the kitchen sink. It makes it much easier to run the water and waste lines to the dishwasher, and the lines themselves will be shorter.Â Having the sink right next to the dishwasher will also make loading the dishwasher less messy; you won't have as far to go with the dishes, which means less water on the floor.
- Measure the dishwasher before replacing your kitchen cabinets. Dishwashers are not all the same size.
- Does your fridge have a water filter and an icemaker? If so, make sure it's in a place where the waterline from the sink can be run to the fridge easily. For example, if your kitchen sink is in the middle of a kitchen island, it can be difficult to install waterlines for the fridge or other appliances.
- Consider having a plumber install a shut-off valve under the kitchen sink. It'll come in handy in an emergency, or if you need to make repairs.
Looking for more tips?
If you want more suggestions or advice, we're here for you. We're only a call or an email away!